D. M. Bowman Driver Orientation
Orientation is a weeks’ worth of activities and is the final step in the hiring process.
New hires need to bring these items to orientation:
- A Pen
- Class A-CDL with Hazmat Endorsement (Drivers must apply for a Hazmat endorsement within 30 days of hire and must obtain the Hazmat endorsement within 120 days of hire).
- Social Security Card or Birth Certificate
- Social Security Numbers for Dependents if You Choose Family Benefits
- Permanent Residence Card (If not a U.S. Citizen)
- 10 Year Work History with Dates of Employment and Phone Numbers
- DOT Physical & Medical Card (most recent long-form and medical card)
- A Voided Check if you choose Direct Deposit
- A Few Changes of Clothes if you are Staying in a Hotel During Orientation
- If you are a recent graduate of a truck driving school, we need a copy of Truck Driving School Certificate and a receipt of payment for Tuition Reimbursement
Length of Orientation:
- Orientation generally lasts for 3 days.
- Day 1: Drug screen, DOT Physical and Functional Agility Test, applications and paperwork with your Driver Career Coordinator
- Day 2: First day of actual class
- Day 3: Second day of class, also you visit the terminal to meet terminal manager and driver managers, and find out what you will be doing the following week.
- Orientation pay is $200